Surrey Fire and Rescue Service Open Day
Date: Saturday 14 July 2018
Time: 10am to 4pm
Venue: SFRS HQ, Croydon Road, Reigate, RH2 0EJ
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service will open its doors to the public to celebrate 70 years of Surrey Fire and Rescue Service
and mark 100 years since the end of WW1 to remember those that gave their lives including 50 Surrey firefighters.
The popular event is a fun and informative day for children and adults alike, and was attended by over 3,000 people
Also on the day:
* Meet firefighters and see vehicles and equipment including old and new fire engines, boats, water carriers and a horse!
* Activities for children including fire engine rides, hose squirting, bouncy castles, mini fire engines, face painting, colouring and giveaways
* Live entertainment from music band and radio broadcast
* Refreshments including hot food stands, a sweet stall and ice creams
* Picnic area with Orchestra
* Demonstrations including firefighting through the ages, road traffic collisions, fire service dogs, CPR and rescues at height
* Experience what it’s like to be a firefighter in our smoke filled room
* Visit Reigate fire station, workshops and museum
* Learn vital fire safety advice
* Visit information stands from other emergency services and exhibitors
* Opportunity to buy fire service merchandise, books and balloons.
Please note for safety reasons there won’t be any parking on site except for exhibitors and blue badge parking.
See www.surrey-fire.gov.uk for alternative parking options.